Friday, April 11, 2014

On today's menu is a serving of "Foresight", part one of the "Guarded Secrets" series by Erika M. Szabo.
http://www.amazon.com/Foresight-Guarded-Secrets-Part-One-ebook/dp/B00GPW15YW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1397219941&sr=1-1&keywords=erika+m+szabo

 AMAZON
To say that I love this book is an understatement - the story hooked me and hasn't let me go since I first read it! I have seen it labeled as a paranormal romance, but these tags don't give it the justice that this book, or the series, deserves.
Ilona is a Hun, who is a gifted doctor. On her 29th birthday, she "comes of age" as a Hun, discovering the truth about who she is and her true "calling". Up to this age, her somewhat secret romantic interest has been her best friend, but he hasn't returned those feelings.  She meets Zoltan, a new hire at her hospital.  Sparks fly and her life gets very, very interesting!  Adventures and time travel awaits as she learned just who she is destined to become.
For many, this is what they reap from the book, a great story with romance and adventure, but for me, Ilona's coming of age was her true beginning. I see "Foresight", as well as "Acceptance" as being about a young woman that still has issues with self-esteem, blossoming into a woman who is a "goddess", if you will, full of power, accepting her destiny, and yet never allowing herself to become corrupted. I see this book primarily as a woman's story, with a smidge of romance and fantasy.  I recommend this to everyone who enjoys history, mystery, and supernatural powers.  I guarantee, you will not be disappointed.
https://www.facebook.com/lwhumbert
https://www.facebook.com/erika.szabo2?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment